I am using Mac OS X 10.5 and I installed java 7 on it today. But the funny thing was I was unable to locate the directory where I have installed my Java. Finally I found it out and here are the steps :
- Make Sure you have Java installed properly. For that open your terminal and type which java. If you have JDK installed your machine, you will get /user/bin/java. This shows that you have JDK and you are safe to search for Java home on your MAC. Otherwise install JDK again on your Mac.
- In Mac OS, Java is installed at /Library/Java and your Java home folder should be /Library/Java/home.
- If you have multiple versions of JDK installed on same machine, then your Java home could be /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
For checking Java version please type java -version on terminal.
if you are installing Oracle Middleware / Weblogic you may face error : “Invalid Java home”
To correct this error, follow these steps:-
1. cd /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home
2. sudo mkdir jre
3. cd jre
4. sudo mkdir lib
5. cd lib
6. sudo ln -s ../../../Classes/classes.jar rt.jar
I hope this help. You can make a comment if you need any help from me.