The Amazon Kindle Fire is truly the iPad killer product that is crushing down the sales of the Apple iPad. No other tablet PC was able to compete with the Apple iPad. Even Samsung’s Galaxy Tab which is more features than the iPad was unable to bring down the sales of the iPad. However, the Amazon Kindle Fire that was released in November 2011 has already managed to surpass the sales of iPad. The Kindle Fire is considered to be the most desired holiday wish-list item.
Related Story : Is Kindle Fire really good? Can it beat iPad in popularity?
One of the main reasons why the Kindle Fire has become so famous in short period is the fact that it is available at a very affordable price as compared to the iPad. The sales of the Apple iPad has shooting down from 16 million to 13 million and this is mainly happening during the holiday season of December when the iPad’s sales were expected to grow even more. The release of the Kindle Fire in the month of November 2011 was timed perfectly to attract the oncoming vacation season. Over 1 million Kindle Fire is sold every week.
The vice-president of Amazon Kindle Fire, Dave Limp has stated that the Kindle Fire is the most successful product that they have ever launched. They are making great efforts to build new Kindle Fire units to meet the high demand. Even though the Kindle Fire received ambiguous reviews at the beginning, it is managed to hit high sales in no time.
There are several reasons why Apple iPad has failed miserably to compete with Kindle Fire. One of the main reasons is its price. When you compare the price of both the products, you can notice that anyone can afford a Kindle Fire rather than owning an iPad. The original iPad is still not available in many countries and still Apple managed to launch the iPad 2. The original iPad and the iPad 2 are still priced high. The sales of iPad are increasing but it cannot compete with the Kindle Fire.
When you want to gift a Kindle Fire, you only need to spend 200USD whereas to gift to an iPad, you need to spend 500USD. It has been observed that many people are looking cheap tablets to buy. While searching for cheap tablets, people often come across the Kindle Fire. Since the product has a very famous brand backing it and is available at a cheaper price than iPad, the sales are bound to shoot high.
Some people do not like to compare iPad and the Kindle Fire. The iPad has a mammoth screen size of 10 inches whereas the Kindle Fire has a comparatively smaller screen of 7 inches. The Kindle Fire is just an eBook reader and it can be used for watching movies, listening to music and browsing the web. The iPad functions more like a laptop. You should be clear about the fact the Kindle Fire is not an alternative product to the iPad. In simpler terms, Kindle Fire offers basic entertainment features that cannot match the feature rich iPad.
Amazon has launched Android-powered Kindle Fire e-reader or tablet which is very useful for eagerly awaiting Android enthusiasts. We have recently got a trick through which you can get the root access of the Kindle fire.
What is the benefit?
Getting root access means you are in the complete control of the device, you can install anything you want. So just follow these simple steps and get the root access.
Note: Do this only if you know what you are doing, or else you will mess up your Kindle fire.
To root kindle fire you have to install a custom Android ROM that can make use of your full featured tablet of Kindle Fire and never forget to use root privileges for added features to access your system guts. For its performance you may need Android SDK and an important root app, Super One Click.
Gudie to root Kindle Fire.
- Switch on your kindle fire and click the top bar that is near the battery and Wi-Fi icons, then press little more and you can choose from the drop down menu. Fo to device and click the allow installation of applications to turn on.
- Turn on your computer and install Android SDK. Make sure you have java installed on your computer, or else install Java 7 JDK. You can download the Android SDK from Android Developer website. Install the latest version only.
- You can simply open the installer_r15-windows and install the Android SDK. Then open the installer_r15-windows.exe and follow the simple instructions. And when you have installed the Android SDK, the SDK Manager app will open up automatically with software packages list which you download and install them, but you should also make sure whether the Google USB Driver package that are listed under the Extras are properly checked or not. As you will require this file to communicate while you root kindle fire. Click on OK when the SDK manager finished downloading the installation.
- As you have installed the SDK, you have to modify it. Open your Windows User account folder (C:\users\Your_name) and find a new directory named “.android”. Now find a file adb_usb.ini. open it in Notepad, add at the bottom of the document a new line about the document, then type 0x1949, save and close it.
- Now go to the directory where you have installed Android SDK and navigate to the \extra\google\usb_driver\directory. Now find the file android_winusb.inf and open it in notepad. Find the sections
[Google.NTx86] and [GoogleNTamd64] in the document and paste the following code:
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006&MI_01
Now save the file and exit and if windows ask permission to replace android_winusb-inf, allow it.
- Now plug your Kindle into PC. You may need micro-USB cable. Windows attempts to install the driver automatically and can be mounted in a normal storage device.
- You can open Android SDK to check whether it recognizes the kindle. Now open Command Prompt in Windows (Start Menu, All Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt) or Press Window + R and type cmd. Find the way wherever you want to install the Android SDK. Don’t worry if you have forgotten your DOS commands; just open the Command Prompt and type cd followed by file path to the directory of platform tools. Now type
Press enter and type
adb devices and enter. By this you can make out that it has recognized kindle. You can also go to control panel and scroll down to device manager to find the kindle fire listed.
- Just download SuperOne Click and install apps, open the SuperOneClick and click Root. Rest of the work is done for you in a few minutes by SuperOneClick and you can click on the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject the Media icon, now eject the Kindle and unplug it, and you are done with rooting.
Enjoy!! Let us know in case of any issue.
Yes and yes, it can. Amazon has launched a new tablet, Kindle Fire. It is a hybrid and portable device which has features of both an ebook reader and an Android tablet. Basically it is giving you the best of both worlds. Be honest and think what do you use iPad for? Watching movies, reading books etc? Let us be real. Not many of us are jet setting executives who use the Apple tablet for video conferencing calls.
Amazon Kindle Fire
Amozon Kindle Fire Review
Amazon is the first company to recognize this and has given us a product which gives us exactly what we want. Yes, Kindle Fire keeps us entertained. You can read thousands of books, watch movies, listen to songs, play games and download apps. You can also access internet and check your mails and Facebook. And all this at a price you would not believe. Kindle Fire is priced at just 199$. Compare this with the price of cheapest iPad. To be fair, it lacks features like camera, microphone and GPS because of its low price. But I can live with that. It has a 7 inch wide display with a screen quality which is exceptional for the price. It has a web browser, Amazon Silk, which gives good speed. It has Wi-Fi internet connection. It is powered by 1GHz processor which is fast and efficient.
Kindle Fire uses a heavily modified custom version of Android, Android 2.3, which is basically for phones. You can use the Android app store to download popular apps like Zulu, Pandora and Netflix etc. Yes, you can play Angry Birds on this. You can read thousands of books available on Kindle library. Amazon has an enviable collection of more than 17 millions of songs which you can listen to using your tablet. You can read your favourite magazines in color. I am sorry if this has started sounding like an ad for Kindle tablet, but I am smitten by it. Yes, it was love at first sight. On a serious note though (because it’s a review), THE Amazon tablet has two cons. First it has only 8 GB of memory, which is, alas, not expandable. But fear not thee kindle fire lovers, because Amazon has offered free digital content storage on Amazon Cloud. Its second irritating lack of feature is no 3G wireless connection. But it has Wi-Fi. As I getting a neat 300$ discount, I will adjust a little bit and though the lack of 3G connection pains me but I will live. Kindle Fire is totally worth your money.