Cloud computing is nothing but a marketing term that is used for technologies that provide computation, data access, software, its storage services that does not require any end-user knowledge of the physical location and configuration of the system that transfers the services. This is a general term for anything that requires delivering hosted services over the Internet. These services are generally divided into three groups:
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (laaS)
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
The name was inspired by the symbol of cloud which is generally used to represent the internet in diagrams or flowcharts.
Cloud Computing Companies
Following are the Top 5 cloud computing companies in the market to watch out for:
1. Zimory: This is a Berlin-based company that offers a technology that suites all the transition virtual data and centers into cloud based infrastructure. The main aim of the company is to offer high-quality cloud solution maximizing the efficiency as it knocks into resources that are underused. The novel open technology of this company can easily level thousands of machines to connect with several clouds. This firm’s Carrier Grade Cloud Computing collection is billed to be a widespread solution for organizing and managing safe and scalable public, private and hybrid clouds.
2. Abiquo: This Company is the most promising company in this area. It possesses a complete hypervisor support range which includes primary vendors, like, Microsoft, Citrix, VMware and Zend. The organization offers a permission-based ladder that enables ventures to forge public, private or hybrid clouds spanning data centers on as well as off the premises. It offers a support system to remove vendor lock-in problem through a drag-and-drag conversion for essential machines from one hypervisor to another.
3. Standing Cloud: The simple scheme of Standing cloud company is “We do the sys admin so you don’t have to. Sure, you could handle Web application management. But why?” The Standing cloud organization provided various types of management services of big league cloud operators.
4. Appirio: Appirio hold itself with technological as well as consulting challenges of enterprise’s adoption of cloud computing. Since 2006, the firm has helped to implement cloud deployments for 200 enterprise clients along with some of the most important vendors, which includes, Google, Sales force and Amazon. It has also acquired VMG, a consulting firm which has been specializing in the learning programs as well as training of computing clouds.
5. Spanning Cloud Apps: Spanning Cloud Apps, this company mainly specializes in the back up services for Google Apps on its LinkedIn page, which was originated to become the Norton Computing of the cloud computing age. This firm offers its famous service of Spanning Backup product on a free trial or annual subscription.
Check out our other articles on cloud computing as well.